Head of Marketing
Salary: Competitive base + bonus + perks
The Flash Pack are a multi award winning fully independent creative studio, with a team of 25 staff delivering over 400 live days of event activity in 2017. We are one of 10,000 businesses in the UK who are considered ‘high growth’, meaning we have had a consistent increase in turnover or headcount of 20% or more YOY for the last three years. This trend is expected to continue over the coming years.
Small Agency Of The Year - Creativepool 2017
Company of the year - IPM COGS 2017
Camera Crew of The Year - BEConnected 2017
Best Innovation - IPM COGS 2016
Small Agency Of The Year (2nd year running) - Creativepool 2018
Best Agency to Work For - Creativepool 2018
Best Social Campaign (Nokia) - Creativepool 2018
Best Use of Experiential Tech in a Physical Experience – Campaign Tech Awards 2018
Over the past few years we have reinvented ourselves many times, moving from supplier, to partner, to specialist agency. We are now at a pivotal time in a growth trajectory which sees us in a critical repositioning phase. We want to lead creative and deliver best in class campaigns, but we also want to remain as the go to technology product partner for brand experiences. The challenge remains however, in a move to a very crowded marketplace, of how to remain unique in order generate the right awareness and to continue to win clients.
Over the past year we have built out our client services department to a team of seven, with a focus on branded content, experiential, and influencer work. We have a huge and enviable client list and a diverse portfolio of work. As the growth of the business continues, the need for a talented and visionary marketing lead for the agency is now more important than ever.
- Reporting directly into the CEO and Creative Director, you will have overall responsibility for all marketing communications for The Flash Pack, positioning us as a ‘best in class’ market leader in visual innovation, branded content and experiential, with a strong focus on digital and new technologies.
- You will be responsible for managing all digital assets, social media channels (Instagram being key focus), e-marketing, PR and media partnerships.
- Managing all our social channels – planning, creating and scheduling regular content, growing our communities and interacting with new audiences. This will include working with our internal creative and production teams to develop photo shoots, short form video content and artist collaborations.
- Writing (or briefing the copywriter on,) regular and compelling blog posts, case studies, stories and articles for online usage on our sites and as press releases
- Working closely with in house video teams to create compelling and engaging videos to be used in presentations, web and social.
- Managing an external PPC agency, ensuring copy is strong and spend maximised
- PR - building lasting relationships with trade and consumer press outlets, planning and monitoring schedules and writing appropriate press releases. Ensuring coverage is secured for appropriate projects with both trade and consumer press for both clients and the agency.
- Work with internal teams to ideate and execute creative initiatives that position the agency as a leader and generate hype and awareness around our offerings and capabilities.
- You will manage a small marketing budget, planning and executing work across search, social, awards, initiatives and more.
- Exploring wider marketing opportunities and collaborations with artists, influencers and key brands and partners
- Working with our in house design team to ensure all website content is regularly updated and presented in a beautiful and appropriate manor. This will include case studies and blog posts.
- Monitoring google analytics and data with a focus on improving user journeys and securing new enquiries
- Working with third party platforms (Creative Brief, Agency Spotter etc) to increase agency visibility and secure new targeted enquiries
- Work with client services and new business teams to help shape strategy on new client wins and brief responses
- You will have a wealth of experience as a marketer or senior marketer within an agency capacity. Preferred specialisms here include branded content, experiential and social.
- You will ideally come from a business with a strong and creative visual aesthetic. You will have experience launching successful digital campaigns for this business and be able to show the results you generated.
- You will have proven experience managing and growing social media accounts. You will be able to demonstrate how you have been instrumental in this and be naturally comfortable managing campaigns focused on the visual. Instagram is a key platform for us but Linkedin should not be forgotten.
- You will have a creative mind and a natural eye for engaging imagery. You understand the important role that content plays in a marketing strategy.
- You will be a natural writer. Crafting engaging and compelling stories quickly and efficiently. You have experience writing and seeding press releases, ideally you will have some existing media contacts. NB you may be tasked with managing an external copywriter subject to workload.
- You are a competent e-marketer and feel comfortable creating and delivering e-marketing plans
- You have experience managing PPC campaigns and have a wider understanding of SEO
- You will have a clear understanding of the digital landscape and preferably have experience in live events and/or experiential
- You are interested in youth culture, the creative industry, film & photography and want to work for a fast growing agency
So, why come and work for us?
Well, if we haven’t floated your boat already, and taking a look at the work we deliver didn’t get you all weak at the knees, here are some other reasons why you might want to join us;
- We have fun. This industry is hard work – demanding clients and long hours, but we like to think we’re pretty good at having fun whilst we do it. Our staff retention rates are testament to that.
- We are fair. Working at the weekend? Don’t get any time off back for your hard work? We don’t expect you to give us your life. Why would we? Work an hour at the weekend, get it back in lieu at a time that suits you.
- We are ambitious. Independently owned and run, with big dreams, we have a clear plan in place and are focused on making it happen.
- We are honest. Open door policy to management for the entire team, so no one is left wondering. We respect and value our staff and feel honesty is always the best policy.
- We are innovative. Constantly pushing boundaries and leaders in our field, we often create first to market products and experiences that simply haven’t been seen before.
- We are dog friendly. Bugsy the cavapoo, and Lolly the whippet are two of our current resident pooches. Perfect for lightning up those Monday morning blues!
- We are a family. We spend the majority of our lives at work, which means we spend more time with our colleagues than our nearest and dearest. We like to think we’ve created an extended family at The Flash Pack, and only recruit seriously talented members to be part of the pack.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org